- We have an experience of producing three 12 foot yurts in two days in classes at at Yestermorrow and Spirit Hollow. Building a 24 foot yurt will use the same techniques in a larger format.
- We are counting on decades of experience in materials based education to organize this effort. Building the 24 foot yurt will require more organizational work before students arrive and more efficient communication to students about what is needed when they are doing the work.
- We are counting on a slightly bigger class size (a minimum of 16 students rather than 12) to get this done.
Why would we do this?
- Two Rivers Center really needs the yurt replaced to provide classroom space for its program which is a very worthy one.
- To demonstrate that the impossible is possible...that an individual, with a group of friends, can make a very good yurt in a weekend.
To get involved as a student or as a donor supporting the program or the material cost of building the yurt contact:
Martin Kemple firstname.lastname@example.org 802-223-1515
Fees are $200 per person. Group Discount of 10% for 5 or more people. A few work-study arrangements are available.